Aleksandr Vladimirovich Popov (Александр Владимирович Попов); (born 16 November 1971) is a Russia competitive swimmer currently serving as a member of the International Olympic Committee and who served as a member of the FINA Athletes Committee from Russia for the 2013-2017 term.
- He is a Russian former Olympic gold-winning competitive swimmer who is regarded as one of the greatest sprint freestyle swimmers of all time.
- He is the only male swimmer in history to win four individual Olympic gold medals in his specialty sprint freestyle events.
He won a total of 9 Olympic medals:
- Gold 1992 Barcelona 50m freestyle
- Gold 1992 Barcelona 100m freestyle
- Silver 1992 Barcelona 4×100m freestyle relay
- Silver 1992 Barcelona 4×100m medley relay
- Gold 1996 Atlanta 50m freestyle
- Gold 1996 Atlanta 100m freestyle
- Silver 1996 Atlanta 4×100m freestyle relay
- Silver 1996 Atlanta 4×100m medley relay
- Silver 2000 Sydney 100m freestyle
International Olympic Committee
Popov is also a member of the International Olympic Committee and represents the athletes on the IOC Sport for All Commission. He has been awarded the 1996 Russian Medal of Honour for contributions to sport and earned both a Bachelor's and Master's Degrees in Sports Coaching from the Russian Academy as well as a spokesman for Omega SA.