From Open Water Swimming Wiki
Open Water Swimming Highlights
- He is certified as an IISA Official Observer L1 as of 1 March 2022.
- On 14 January 2022, he completed an Ice Mile in Nevelhorst, Didam, Netherlands in 4.43°C water and 0.80°C air temperatures in 34 minutes 14 seconds.
- He competed in the Ice Kilometer at the Amstel Ice Swim in the Netherlands held on 29-30 December 2019.
- He finished 3rd in the Ice Kilometer at the Ice Swimming Volendam event on 18-19 January 2020 in zwembad De Waterdam Edam/Volendam, Netherlands at the age of 55.
- He finished 15th in the Ice Kilometer at the 6th Ice Swimming Aqua Sphere German Open & IISA® World Cup Veitsbronn 2020 on 4 January 2020.
- He completed a full Ironman triathlon on 15 August 1998.
- He completed a full Ironman triathlon on 4 September 1999.
- He completed a full Ironman triathlon on 29 August 2009.
- He completed an Ice Mile and became an Iron Iceman on 14 January 2022