Murmansk, Russia on 20 March 2015. Photo courtesy of Ella Antibetova]]Christof Wandratsch of Germany in the 1000m race at the inaugural Ice Swimming World Championships in Murmansk, Russia. Photo courtesy of Nuala Moore]]Albert Sobirov (Альберт Cобиров) is a 41-year-old Russian extreme swimmer originally from Tyumen in Siberia and now from Sochi.
Open Water Swimming Career Highlights
- He participated in the 2014 Winter Swimming Championships in Finland where he finished third in the 450m endurance swim.
- He finished second overall in the 1000m ice swim at the inaugural Ice Swimming World Championships in Murmansk, Russia on 20 March 2015 in 0.8°C water temperature and -7°C air temperature.
- He completed an Ice Mile in 28:15 on 24 December 2017 in China.
- He won his age group (35-39) in 13:41.25 at the inaugural 1000m International Ice Swimming Championship in Lake Semenovskoe in Murmansk, Russia in 0.8ºC under the auspices of the International Ice Swimming Association.
- He was named one of the World's 50 Most Adventurous Open Water Men in 2019 by the World Open Water Swimming Association.
- He finished 7th overall in the 1000m Ice Kilometer at the 3rd International Ice Swimming Association World Championship held in Murmansk, Russia in March 2019.
- He finished 4th overall in the 200m freestyle at the IISA 3rd World Championship in Murmansk, Russia in March 2019.
- He finished 5th overall in the 50m butterfly at the IISA 3rd World Championship in Murmansk, Russia in March 2019.
2015 IISA World Championships
1st International Ice Swimming Association World Championships 1 km fastest heat on 20 March 2015 in Murmansk, Russia.
Lane 1 Evgeni Rabinovich
Lane 2 Sergio Salomone
Lane 3 Craig Lenning
Lane 4 Christof Wandratsch
Lane 6 Henri Kaarma
Lane 7 Albert Sobirov
Lane 8 Eduard Khodakovsk
i Behind the camera: Wyatt Song
2015 World's 50 Most Adventurous Open Water Men
2017 World's 50 Most Adventurous Open Water Men
1. Dr. Doron Amosi, extreme relay/cross-border swimmer from Israel
2. Antonio Argüelles Díaz-González, channel swimmer and endurance athlete from Mexico
3. Cyril Baldock, marathon/channel swimmer from Australia
4. Ram Barkai, administrator, event organizer and ice swimmer from South Africa
5. John Batchelder, butterflying marathon swimmer from USA
6. Nejib Belhedi, marathon/stage/boat pull swimmer from Tunisia
7. Alexander Brylin, channel ice swimmer from Russia
8. Luc Chetboun, extreme relay/cross-border swimmer from Israel
9. Salvatore Cimmino, amputee advocate and marathon/extreme swimmer from Italy
10. Jean Craven, marathon/extreme swimmer from South Africa
11. Ned Denison, IMSHOF administrator and marathon/ice swimmer from Ireland
12. Craig Dietz, disabled open water swimmer from USA
13. Ben Enosh, extreme relay/cross-border swimmer from Israel/USA
14. Udi Erell, extreme relay/cross-border swimmer from Israel
15. Stephen Junk, channel swimmer from Australia
16. Henri Kaarma, event organizer and ice swimmer from Estonia
17. Ger Kennedy, ice, underwater and extreme swimmer from Ireland
18. Craig Lenning, marathon/channel/ice swimmer from the USA
19. Neil Macaskill, extreme/cross-border swimmer from South Africa
20. Pádraig Mallon, escort pilot, event organizer and marathon/channel/ice swimmer from Ireland
21. Ingemar Patiño Macarine, channel/marathon swimmer from the Philippines
22. Andrew Malinak, administrator and cold water/marathon/channel swimmer from the USA
23. Chris Marthinusen, extreme/high-altitude swimmer from South Africa
24. Patrick McKnight, marathon/channel swimmer from the USA
25. Allan McLeland, Peak and Pond swimmer/climber from the USA
26. Darren Miller, channel swimmer and event director from the USA
27. Rohan More, marathon/channel swimmer from India
28. Gullupilli Narhari, extreme relay swimmer from India
29. Matías Ola, event organizer and ice/extreme swimmer from Argentina
30. Kieron Palframan, ice/extreme swimmer from South Africa
31. James Pittar, blind marathon/channel swimmer from Australia
32. Javier Mérida Prieto, disabled Triple Crown swimmer from Spain
33. Lewis Pugh OIG, ocean advocate and ice/extreme swimmer from the UK
34. Oded Rahav, extreme relay/cross-border swimmer from Israel
35. Stephen Redmond, channel/marathon swimmer from Ireland
36. Adrian Sarchet, marathon/channel swimmer from Guernsey
37. Ori Sela, extreme relay/cross-border swimmer from Israel
38. Dan Simonelli, coach/guide/observer and marathon/channel swimmer from the USA
39. Paramvir Singh, extreme relay swimmer from India
40. Albert Sobirov, ice swimmer from Russia
41. Petar Stoychev, marathon/channel/ice/Olympic swimmer from Bulgaria
42. Ryan Stramrood, ice/extreme swimmer from South Africa
43. Martin Strel, marathon/stage swimmer from Slovenia
44. Dr. Otto Thaning, channel/marathon swimmer from South Africa
45. Jacques Tuset, prison island swimmer from France
46. Toks Viviers, ice/extreme swimmer from South Africa
47. Adam Walker, coach, event organizer, and channel swimmer from England
48. Christof Wandratsch, event organizer and ice/marathon/channel/professional swimmer from Germany
49. Brenton Williams, event organizer and butterfly ocean swimmer from South Africa
50. Herman van der Westhuizen, extreme high-altitude swimmer from South Africa