- Between 1960 and 1977, he served as the Editor & Publisher of Swimming World & Junior Swimmer.
- Between 1964 and 1977, he served as the publisher of Swimming Technique.
- He was a distributor of important swimming, water polo bibliographies and record books.
- He served as the 1968-1970 President of the Southern Pacific AAU Association.
- He served as the 1970-1972 Chairman of the Southern California Swimming Committee.
- He served on the 1968-1984 US Olympic Committee.
- He served as the 1980-1984 Secretary of the FINA Technical Swim Committee.
- He served as a 1960-1985 Contributor to Encyclopedia Britannica
- He received the 1967 AAU Swimming Award, the top award in American Swimming.
Swimming World Magazine
Schoenfield was an advertising agency account executive and age-group swimming parent who published a magazine in his home at night, and developed it into a swimming publishing empire that permeated all aspects of swimming, diving, water polo and synchronized swimming. Through his books and magazines over a period of 18 years, he became the great communicator of swimming.