Open Water Swimming Highlights
- He was the first person to swim the length of Ireland, 500 km from the Giant's Causeway, County Antrim (north coast of Northern Ireland) to Tramore, County Waterford (south coast of the Republic of Ireland).
- He authored Marathon Man: My Life, My Father’s Stroke and Running 35 Marathons in 35 Days.
- He authored Unsinkable: Cancer, Five Boats, and my 710-Kilometre Sea Swim that will be released in summer 2023.
Unsinkable is the story of Alan Corcoran’s unprecedented 500 km charity swim along the length of Ireland. With the stunning backdrop of Ireland’s wild coastline, the story unfolds to show the succession of challenges faced during such a monumental undertaking. It’s a film that explores a person’s journey through grief, using the swimming project to channel the negative emotions into a meaningful, hopeful and inspiring adventure.
- An Emagine / Marathon Man Film Production
- Directed by Peter Grogan & Alan Corcoran
- Produced by Peter Grogan & Ted Moran
- Edited by Oonagh Quinn
- Original Score by Pierre O’Reilly
- Executive Producers: Alan Corcoran, Aaron Jay, Pierre O’Reilly
- Associate Producers: Jing Huang, Mark Giles, Ruth McGrath, Brett C. Persson