Aisling Beacom is a 39-year-old open water swimmer from Ireland.
Open Water Swimming Highlights
- She competed in the first 1.5 km open water swimming competition at the 2011 Special Olympics World Summer Games conducted in the Bay of Marathon in Greece. The Aegean Sea was the showcase of a two-loop rectangular course alone a straight, sandy coastline. Beacom also officially launched the 91st Dublin City Liffey Swim in Ireland in September 2011 and won a bronze medal in the 800m freestyle at the 2011 Special Olympics World Summer Games as well as competed in the 1.5 km open water swim.
- She participated in the 2019 Special Olympics World Games 1.5 km open water swim held in Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates on 16 March 2019.
Special Olympics World Summer Games
1. Cornelia Fowler (South Africa) 25:02.64
2. Matthijs van Doorn (Netherlands) 26:07.48
3. Elisabeth Mansoor (Netherlands) 26:15.62
4. Nadja Tonnesen (Denmark) 26:09.56
5. Wenda Schippers (Netherlands) 28:30.60
6. Adriana Newton (Puerto Rico) 30:38.48
7. Flor Mendez (El Salvador) 32:05.23
8. Aisling Beacom (Ireland) 33:09.17
9. Opal Alon (Israel) 36:09.29